Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Mindfulness is all around

Over the past few days, I've had several conversations with co-workers regarding mindfulness. Some already have some knowledge in this area and others are exploring it for the first time. I am pleasantly surprised that there is a group of teachers at our school that would like to try to incorporate mindfulness techniques into their class lessons. One teacher even offered to give up class time to focus on this topic with their students.

I've also started following several "tweeters" who are tweeting about mindfulness techniques and how to live a more mindful existence. You can follow me @CounselorTS on Twitter.

Yesterday, I tried to focus on my breathing while I was at the gym after school. I think my workout was greatly enhanced and I was able to concentrate on what I was stretching/lifting/moving without feeling self conscious or distracted by what others were doing. I think it led to a more meaningful workout and one which was refreshing and energizing.

Today, I would like to be mindful in my interactions with others and really take the time to listen to them before I start talking.

1 comment: